Digital Video Production Master Class
(Only 10 Students Per Class)
Our digital video master class is an 8-week, 2-hour per week course, taught in the theatre. This course will equip students to operate and manage a suite of digital video production tools in medium to large-sized venues with an emphasis on facilitating concerts and other live events.
- Overview of venue video production
- Understanding video switchers, video controllers, video multi-view stations, video encoders and remote control of digital video camera’s
- Learn the duties and responsibilities of a director and camera ops
- Using transition effects, cues, and previews, for on air production
- Computer programming of common camera pan, tilt, and zoom moves
- Setting pages, cues, cue lists and groups
- Live production skills, live video encoding and streaming
- Computer audio mixing for video stream
- The final for the class will be a live video production of a theatre performance while streaming the complete video production on the internet
The Empress Theatre has a state-of-the-art digital lighting system and a complete video production suite consisting of 4 broadcast quality PTZ video cameras, a 40×40 video router, a high definition video switcher and video controller with computer video editing capabilities, 4 high definition monitors, 2 remote camera controllers, 2 multi-view camera editors, video recorders, video encoders, and many other accessories and video networking equipment.
At the end of this 8-week course students will be given a video recording of their complete video production to boost their resume when applying for video technician job opportunities. It will also make them a valuable candidate for part time video tech positions at the Empress Theatre.
Classes are once per week. You must come every week on the day and time you select. Days and times cannot be changed after you sign up. When a class reaches 10 sign-ups it will be marked as sold out.
September 9th through October 29