Digital Lighting Master Class
(Only 10 Students Per Class)
EMC2’s digital lighting master class is an 8-week, 2-hour per week course, taught in the theatre. This course will equip students to operate and manage today’s digital stage lighting systems in medium to large-sized venues with an emphasis on facilitating concerts and other live events.
- Overview of venue lighting, layout, and design
- Understanding DMX interface and lighting control surface functionality
- Stage lighting terminology and equipment knowledge
- Computer controlled LED motion light patching, editing, and programming
- Using palettes, colors, effects, and cues
- Computer and control surface programming for live music
- Setting scenes, cues, cue lists and groups
- Live production skills and shortcuts
- The final for the class will be hands on lighting of a theatre performance
Students will learn on the Empress Theatre’s state-of-the-art lighting system featuring LED fixtures seen in venues worldwide capable of producing over a million colors, an array of effects, and remote-control functions all from a computer-controlled lighting console. You will learn how to control and create show looks pin pointing and highlighting action on the stage.
At the end of this 8-week course students will be given a video recording of their lighting product enhancing their resume for lighting technician job opportunities. Completion of the class will also make them a valuable candidate for part time lighting tech positions at the Empress Theatre.
Classes are once per week. You must come every week on the day and time you select. Days and times cannot be changed after you sign up. When a class reaches 10 sign-ups it will be marked as sold out.
September 9th through October 29