Acting Master Class
(Only 10 Students Per Class)
Our acting master class is an 8-week, 2-hour per week course, taught on stage in the theatre. This course will equip students to expand their ability as an actor while learning to develop and create characters, practice improvisation and audition techniques, perform monologues and short scenes, and learn how to approach acting for stage and on camera. Students will explore the many aspects of acting while learning to create captivating characters through dialog, intention, and movement.
- Overview of acting – characters and fundamental acting techniques
- Vocal exercises and training – breath and sound; to promote vocal ease, clarity, power, stamina, range, and sensitivity
- Speech – the exploration of phonetics, dialects, impulse, breath, and speech beyond the mouth.
- Improvisation – use of games and improvisation to develop complicity with fellow actors and the audience through spontaneity, generosity, and taking risks.
- Body exercises – explore rhythm, balance, and abandon. Learn how to follow impulses and listen with your mind and body to embrace the pleasure of uninhibited performance
- Investigation of text – character-specific listening in order to lift language off the page and translate it into the dynamic exchange of energy and purpose
- Scene work – using contemporary scenes and monologues to focus on relationships, communication, objectives, focus, and intention
- Performance – deliver your performance for the class (recorded on video)
The Empress Theatre is a 400-seat historic art deco theatre with a state-of-the-art digital lighting system and complete video production suite consisting of 4 broadcast quality PTZ video cameras.
At the end of this 8-week course students will be given a video recording of their acting performance to boost their resume when auditioning for acting job opportunities.
Classes are once per week. You must come every week on the day and time you select. Days and times cannot be changed after you sign up. When a class reaches 10 sign-ups it will be marked as sold out.
September 9th through October 29